Cashmere is a delicate material, but when taken properly care of, it will last for years. Cashmere may pill over time, especially when the knit is new. Pilling is easily removed without damaging the knit with cashmere comb. Cashmere knits do not need frequent washing, but airing after every use helps to keep them fresh.
Cashmere care tips:
- Comb with cashmere comb to remove pilling when needed
- Let the knit rest every once in a while, do not wear the same knit everyday
- Air between uses
- Store folded
- You can wash Arela cashmere by hand or in a machine
- Use wool detergent
- Wash in cold water
- Put the knit in a laundry bag
- Use the wool program
- No spinning or tumble drying
- Wrap the wet knit in a towel and press to remove excess moisture
- Dry on a flat rack, avoid direct sunlight
We offer cashmere care service for Arela knits in our stores. Basic care service includes washing, de-pilling and steaming and costs 35€/knit. If hole mending or seam repairing is needed, our staff will examine your knits when you bring them over and estimate the additional cost of repairs. For more info, visit our stores, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 010 239 8689.
Arela For Good
For Good is a concept of products, services and events that aims to
1. Lengthen the life of garments by increasing awareness of clothing materials and maintenance
2. Discuss the significance of the clothing and consumption choices we make
Learn more about For Good here.